Guide to Independent Directors by CS Naresh Sinha
The Companies Act 2013 imposes a specific obligation on listed companies to have at least one third of the total number of directors as independent directors and, also empowers Central Government to include other class/classes of companies within the scope of this requirement.
This e-Book provides a detailed knowledge on the following:
- Emergence of the concept of “Independent Directors”
- Meaning of Independent Director and Regulatory Requirements
- Criteria for becoming Independent Director
- Best practices to be adopted by the company while selecting Independent Director
- Requirement of number of Independent Directors on Board
- Mode of Appointment of Independent Directors
- Limit on Number of Directorships
- Other Mandatory Requirements regarding Independent Directors
- Training of Independent Director
- Duties of Non – Official Directors (Independent Director) in CPSEs
- Separate Meetings of Independent Directors
- Immunity under the companies Act, 2013
- CODE FOR INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS
- And So On !!!
Please Read following E-Book and learn about Independent Directors under Companies Act 2013.GUIDE TO INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR
The Contents of this E-Book have been prepared and compiled by Mr. Naresh Kumar Sinha. Mr. Sinha is a senior Company Secretary and presently, practicing as a Company Secretary and has set up his own firm namely Kumar Naresh Sinha & Associates”” at NOIDA.
It is not possible to include his vast profile in few lines. Hence, we at LawGyaan.in have created a link where you can read his entire profile. Please click on the Link to know about Mr. Naresh Kumar Sinha